Would you like to grow-a-row of produce to donate to local community meals or food banks?
Or if you have extra produce coming out of your garden throughout this season
considering dropping some off to help other community members have access to fresh, local, seasonal produce! Contact us if you have any questions:
Below is a list of agencies (and times) that will accept donations of fresh produce:
List of Agencies that Accept Fresh Produce Donations:
1) OPIRG Food Bank -Sadleir House, 751 George St N, Peterborough ON
- Open Wednesday 3-5; Thursday 1-5; Friday 1-5
- Best time to donate fresh produce?Wed. 11-1pm, Thursday 1-2pm, Friday 1-2pm
2) St. John’s Anglican Church – 99 Brock St.
- Saturday morning meal
3) Peterborough Housing
- Food Bank @ 849 Alexander Court – 2nd Wednesday of every month
- Food Bank@ 835 Cameron St. Unit # 39– 2nd Tuesday of every month
4) Hastings & Roseneath Food Banks
- Best time to donate produce? Tuesdays 12:30, Wednesdays 6:30pm
5) Brock Mission - 217 Murray St. Peterborough ON -
- Best time to donate food? Anytime
6) Our Space – 574 George St. N, Peterborough ON
- Serves breakfast, lunch and snacks daily.
- Open: Sun- Fri 10-4pm
7) St. Vincent de Paul Emergency Food Cupboard - 256 Murray Street, Peterborough ON
- Open: Wednesday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm; Thursday and Friday 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm; Saturday 9:00 am - 11:30 am
- Best time to donate food? Monday & Tuesdays
8) Peterborough Family Resource Centre - 201 Antrim St.
- Best time to donate food? Friday mornings.
9) Lakefield Food Bank
St. John’s Anglican Church
- Open Tuesdays 8:30-10:30am (Deliver by 8am)
- Serve 50 families