Although the eviction of Garden 579 is a loss to the community, and certainly a sad event, I would like to express the pride I feel in the community for coming together to help Garden 579 in their time of need.
The Eviction Day Work Party held on Nov. 11th was a success. I was told that at 8am sharp, several community gardeners showed up to help out. Throughout the rest of the day, and right up till dark, community members, supporter, gardeners and passer-bys dropped in & continued to work hard!
Perennial plants, and rich compost piles were dug up and relocated, fences were taken down carefully so they could later be resurrected. Despite the sad reason for gathering, a general feeling of solidarity and hard-work was present throughout the day.
For now, the garden organizers will be taking a well-deserved seasonal rest! On behalf of Garden 579 & the PCGN, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD-WORK & SOLIDARITY! Stay tuned to Food Not Bombs website for further developments.
If anyone has any photos of the day to share, please send them to me? Thanks,
No comments:
Post a Comment